Purpose: Assisting the office team with any administration duties seen as appropriate, contributing to the efficient running of Cancer Recovery Foundation UK
- Providing a friendly welcome to the office, answering the phone and addressing the needs of the public.
- Dealing with enquiries that come in via email and post, writing letters to thank supporters for their donations or past support.
- Handling other general correspondence.
- General event administration, such as collating event information brochures, emailing event participants with updates and offering fundraising support.
- Helping with routine office work such as filing, photocopying, data entry, correspondence, financial records and so on. Giving any other appropriate assistance in relation to the role of Admin Assistant as may be reasonably requested.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications: Excellent telephone manner and people skills, computer literate and comfortable with the main Microsoft Office tools, databases and emails. Outgoing, friendly and proactive character. Being comfortable volunteering within a group or by yourself. Good communication skills. Being able to use your own initiative but also able to ask for help when required.
Requirements: Applicants must have a good standard of both written and spoken English.
Expenses: £5.00 lunch allowance every day. Travel will be reimbursed to a reasonable extent, with a maximum allowance equivalent to the daily value of a zone 1-6 London Travelcard (£17 per day).
The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and gain experience volunteering in a charity environment. The opportunity to meet new people. The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of the Cancer Recovery Foundation UK.
You will be given an Induction to the organisation and full training on all aspects of the role. Along with regular updates on activities and events you may also wish to become involved in. We have a small team but our volunteer coordinator will always be on hand for support, advice and guidance.
Application Procedure: Application Form, CV & Covering Letter followed by an Informal Interview
We are looking for multiple volunteers to work across the entire week, so please do not be put off if you are only able to volunteer on certain days. We are accepting applications from those looking to volunteer regularly for any period from half a day once a week up to those wishing to volunteer multiple days a week.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be a legally binding one or an employment contract